Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty
Genre: Action - Shooter
Release date: 26 february, 2008
Published by: Codemasters
Developed by: Spark Unlimited
Game play: Single Player
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 x2
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Drive: 6 GB
- Video Card: FeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon X1950 XTX
- Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi SoundCard
- Direct X: DX9.0c
- Other: DVD-ROM
Other: DVD-ROM drive
In the alternate history of Turning Point: The Fall of Liberty, unstoppable Nazi forces win World War II, and take over Europe and the United States. Now it's up to you to save the country, and the world, in this story-driven, provocative shooter that redefines WWII-era action.
What if Winston Churchill had died on December 13, 1931 after he was struck by a cab while crossing 5th Ave. in New York, and wasn’t alive to rally the Allied forces to confront the Nazis? Turning Point™: Fall of Liberty uses this ‘what if’ idea to create a fast-paced Action/FPS game set in an alternate history where Winston Churchill is killed in 1931, England surrenders to Hitler in 1940, Pearl Harbor is never attacked by the Japanese, and America is not drawn into the war until the German Wehrmacht (war machine) lands on the U.S. east coast in 1953.
Not another typical WWII game set in the European or Pacific theatres, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty sees history take a catastrophic turn for the worse as the game opens with the German invasion of the U.S. via New York. Taking the role of Dan Carson – a reluctant New York City construction worker turned resistance fighter, gamers must survive the initial invasion before regrouping with other resistance members to take the fight back to the Nazis. Always outmanned and outgunned, players must use guerrilla tactics and hand to hand grappling combat as they attempt to stop the world’s most notorious war machine.
In development at Spark Unlimited – no stranger to the WWII shooter genre, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty features a ‘film noir’ visual rendering that allows the studio to indulge in a very stunning and unique art style, depicting a war torn New York City, Nazi occupied White House, and other overrun historic landmarks. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is being created using the Unreal 3 Engine to deliver proven FPS gameplay, frantic multiplayer action, and top-notch graphics.
A Unique Twist on WWII History – The story for Turning Point: Fall of Liberty is based on a single change, or, turning point, in history – that being Winston Churchill’s death in 1931. With nobody to inspire the Allied forces to fend off the Nazis, Hitler overruns Europe and Russia, technically advances the German military forces, and thus sets the stage for the inevitable invasion of the United States in 1953.
• This Time It’s Personal – Nobody likes to lose, especially when they have home court advantage. With Turning Point: Fall of Liberty’s story taking place in the U.S. instead of the standard WWII European or Pacific theatres, the game is sure to draw out feelings of pride and perseverance from gamers as they stave off the occupying German force. The game’s plot spans the U.S. resistance to the invasion of New York, the U.S. attempt to uproot the Nazi occupation of Washington D.C, the rise of the resistance in London, and more.
• The Underdog – Turning Point: Fall of Liberty puts gamers on the other side of war where they’re not part of the invading global superpower trying to save the world. This time around gamers play as a reluctant member of the resistance, always outmanned, outgunned and with limited resources, wounding their ability for large-scale countermeasures and attacks against the occupying Third Reich.
• World War II Evolved – With nobody to stop Hitler from overrunning the rest of the world, not only did the Germany advance their position to take a foothold in the U.S, but Hitler also advanced their technology along the way. Players will come across updated and hybrid versions of advanced WWII weapons, munitions and vehicles, including troop carrying zeppelins, dual cannon super tanks, multi-barreled rocket launchers, MP-50 machine-guns and more.
• A Refreshing Look and Feel – With such a unique story at its core, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty’s visuals are set to strike a chord with players. Everything from the historic landmarks over run by the Germans, the innovative use of the camera and the new hand-to-hand combat grappling system, to the technologically advanced German weapons and vehicles will consistently remind gamers that this is a different WWII experience than they’re used to.